Saturday, March 17, 2007

VIDEO | A pink tradition


Those Macon-Bibb County firefighters are all heart. The pink pancake breakfast in Central City Park started at 7:30 this morning. It's not even light out that early any more with the time change, and there's no telling how much earlier they had to be there to start making enough pancakes for the 7:30 a.m. crowd. And those firefighters are quite chipper for a group who got up so early in the morning. I went over to talk with some of them while they were making pancakes and they were cutting up with the best of them. They were so much fun, especially Lt. Danny Angelo, who played along with the camera for me. As one of my breakfast companions said, "Those pink pancakes were $5, but that comedy was priceless."

I got there about 9:30 this morning and there was a steady crowd constantly rolling in for pancakes even though it was quite cold and windy. I guess those yummy pancakes have developed quite a reputation over the years, and yummy they definitely are. Because of my work schedule, I don't normally get up so early, but those pancakes are worth every bit of sleep I lose. They'll be serving more pancakes from 7:30-10:30 a.m. next Saturday in the same spot and you can bet I'll probably be there again! It's $5 but the money goes toward a good cause, so come on out and join me next week.

CLICK HERE TO WATCH VIDEO OF THE PINK PANCAKES AND FIRE LT. DANNY ANGELO.

No comments: