Sunday, March 25, 2007

SLIDESHOW | Children add special touch to festival



There aren't nearly as many people downtown at the Mulberry Street Festival this afternoon. I'm betting it has something to do with the fact that it's the last day of the festival and there's not a bunch of other events planned for downtown this afternoon and evening other than the Children's Parade. That and people may be getting ready to head out to Wesleyan College for the grand finale.

UPDATE 4 P.M.: The Cherry Blossom Festival Children's Parade went off without a glitch. The parade lasted about 10 minutes (MUCH shorter than last weekend's parade), with children from different clubs and organizations around town walking from MLK Boulevard all the way down to the Cherry Blossom Festival Headquarters Office. I thought the length of the parade was just right this weekend, but I think adding a cute little children's concert band or choir to the parade's lineup would have brought a special touch to the event. I was dismayed by the crowd's size, but it is hot outside, and I've never been to the Children's Parade before so I can't say if that's what the regular turnout is like.

On another note, I finally got my Greek gyro! YUM!

CLICK HERE TO VIEW PHOTOS OF THE CHILDREN'S SIDEWALK CHALK EVENT AND THE CHERRY BLOSSOM FESTIVAL CHILDREN'S PARADE.

No comments: