Sunday, March 26, 2006

Finale

It's the final day of the Cherry Blossom Festival but I have to admit I'm not terribly sad. Yes, I enjoy the festival and yes, I had lots of fun galavanting all over town visiting the different events this year, but I'm tired now and all blossomed out. I did head back out to the Mulberry Street Festival today with my dog Sophie (Woody Marshall snapped this photo of her at the food fair — she's so cute). She was a little afraid of all the people but still excited to be out, and I think she was probably grateful I didn't make her wear a little pink doggy hat or boots. I also tried to get another gyro from the Greek booth today but by 3 this afternoon they had already run out of lamb to make gyros with. My little greek salad was good, but not as tasty as the gyro would have been — especially since I'd been craving another since yesterday. That salad and this posting mark my final Cherry Blossom fun until next year's festival. Hopefully it will be as great as this year's festival, but maybe a little warmer. On that note, I leave you with this little ode to Cherry Blossom (and please remember I'm tired):

C is for the corndogs I could eat each day
H is hot-air balloons toppling over in the wind
E is even more to do this year
R is for the racing beds that fly through downtown
R is really, really good timing by most of the blossoms
Y is yummy granny's apple dumplings in my tummy

B is for Ben Jones doing the "rain, rain go away dance"
L is looking for $2 green beer
O is only 355 more days until next year
S is a special Southern tea and Fleur-de-lis
S is for the Spanish who couldn't find the Ocmulgee trading post (you had to be there)
O is outings to Third Street Park for cherry ice cream
M is me taking a really, really long nap now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will you follow the festival this year again ?

Cheers from France...

Stephanie said...

Yes, most definitely!
And, merci!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful dog!! Great pic!! And I love the name!! :))