Sunday, March 30, 2008

Kaleidoscope of Cultures still one of my favs!

This was my second Kaleidoscope of Cultures and I think that just like last year it was one of my favorite events of the festival so far. The Japanese drummers were back, and were still so much fun. It turns out they actually work at Epcot in Orlando, Fla.

Other countries featured were Sweden (the soloist had an absolutely beautiful voice), Taiwan (those ladies really know how to work their arms, and they did one of their routines to what I'm guessing was Taiwanese or Chinese techno, but I don't know the languages), Russia (awesome dancers and musicians who both got standing ovations), the Japanese drummers (they didn't cut up as much this year but were still very impressive), and the U.S. (represented by the impressive Southside Baptist Church in Warner Robins, who paid tribute to the different military branches and got the crowd on their feet for "God Bless the U.S.A.).

I can't wait for next year's Kaleidoscope. To the powers that be, can we get some Irish singers next year? :)

Here's some video of the Japanese drummers.

No comments: