Friday, March 14, 2008

The thrill of it all

In the About This Blog section on the righthand side of this blog I question whether or not the Cherry Blossom Festival gets to be old news once you've done all the events before. I got this email from a former Maconite and wanted to share it.

I love your blog! And you can definitely do the same things at the festival every year and enjoy them every time!! I'm a Macon girl living in Raleigh NC, and our family loves to come to Cherry Blossom every year! Our children (8, 3 and 9 months) have such a blast at the pink pancake breakfast, the Mulberry Street Arts Festival and then whatever other activities we can find to do in a quick weekend before making a long ride back to NC!
We can't make it this year because of scheduling conflicts (when they moved the festival because of Easter this year, it bumped up against some other planned events), and I am really feeling the twinges of guilt!
So to everyone in Macon, paint your cars, wear your pink, and get those blossoms blooming!

Chandler Francis

I've been having a hard time getting motivated for this year's festival, which is very unlike me. Maybe it's all this funky weather, maybe it's the delay of events because of Easter this year, or maybe it's just that the 10 days seem daunting when I remember how tired I was at the end of last year's festival. Mrs. Francis, I want to thank you for reminding me about that feeling of excitement and anticipation that I've been missing. Your enthusiasm is contagious and has ME feeling twinges of guilt for forgetting about that and losing that thrill, even for just a moment.

No comments: