Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Seeing double in the park for Twins Day

It was Twins Day in the Park followed by "A Bit of Macon's Own" for the musical acts of the night.

The kids were cute, of course - how could they not be? The youngest twins were 4 weeks old, while the oldest were 52. The 52-year-olds came out with their grandchildren, two of which were also twins and who won a prize of their own during the look-alike contest.

Click here for a look at some of the twins in Central City Park on Wednesday night.

The first band to perform for the evening was The Interference. That's them up top, and below is the little girl who kept sitting down next to me. The guitarist told me The Interference has been together for about four months and they perform cover songs and some of their own pieces. You can find them playing at different locations around town. They were pretty good, and I shot some video, but apparently if you get too close to the speaker the sound doesn't come out very well. Ooops. My bad. After them, Mainline was supposed to perform.

I was a little bit skeptical about turnout at Central City Park for the week when I saw the lineup but I'm pleased to learn I was wrong about attendance. I haven't been every night but I have friends who have and I hear turnout has been incredible, except for Saturday and Sunday nights when the weather just wasn't cooperating. Turnout tonight was pretty good, and if you're looking for the best time to come out for the rides, about 4:30 is a good time because the lines aren't that bad. If you come before 3 p.m., though, I think you get a better deal on the rides.

As for the weather. I don't know what's up with all this rain that's been forecast for the entire week, but I have yet to see any of it. Here's hoping it stays that way!

No comments: